Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
FOCUS AND SCOPE
JMCS seeks to reflect a variety of intellectual traditions in the communication field to promote debate and dialogue. We encourage empirical, theoretical and methodological research papers contributing to the advancement of communication sciences as an interdisciplinary field. Original papers based on systematic reviews, meta-analysis and synthesis from diverse sources are welcomed. JMCS accepts papers in English language only.
We suggest the following broad areas of research:
- Development & communication
- Gender & communication
- International communication
- Media, religion & identity
- Media, culture and society
- Digital Humanities
- War, conflict and communication
- Media, democracy and peace studies
- Media and Political Economy
PEER REVIEW PROCESS
This journal uses double-blind review, which means that both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
JOURNAL OF MEDIA STUDIES
The Journal of Media and Communication Studies is an interdisciplinary, bi-annual and double blind peer reviewed publication available online (https://amcapjmcs.net/index.php/AMCAP-JMCS). AMCAP, Pakistan is regularly publishing this journal since 2019.
JMCS seeks to reflect a variety of intellectual traditions in the communication field to promote debate and dialogue. We encourage empirical, theoretical and methodological research papers contributing to the advancement of communication sciences as an interdisciplinary field. Original papers based on systematic reviews, meta-analysis and synthesis from diverse sources are welcomed. To advance indigenizing communication knowledge, JMCS accepts papers in Urdu language with an abstract in English.
The Journal of Media and Communication Studies (JMCS) aspires to select and publish, through peer review, the highest quality research in communication studies. In order to achieve this goal, the entire peer review and publication process should be thorough, objective and fair. Journal reputation depends heavily on the trust by all stakeholders in the fairness of the peer review and publication process. An important role of the publisher is to support the extensive efforts of the journal editors, and often unsung volunteer work undertaken by peer reviewers in maintaining the integrity of the scholarly record. It is a tribute to scholarly practice that the system works well and problems are comparatively rare.